No. 12/25 - The Heart is Blue


I got the idea for this from Barbara, when she mentioned that she uses the leftover threads on her shuttle to make the centres of motifs that she is planning to do next or in the near future.

This heart is made out of daisies joined together to form the heart-shape. It can be made entirely with split-rings as I have made here or individually, as and when there is some balance of the thread in the shuttle. The outline is made of chains, joining all the outer picots to emphasise the shape of the heart.

Then again, if I had done it in red or variegated red, it could easily be a strawberry!

Comments

  1. Isn't it wonderful how ideas are expanded and put to good use? That's a lovely heart or errr...is it a blue strawberry?!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, I wonder if it would work as a patchwork of left over shuttle threads...
    And thanks for commenting on my page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful, efficient heart. By that I mean that you've created symmetry in the daisies that is natural, yet leads to a convincing heart shape. I'm always amazed by how hard it is to get the heart shape to work without seemingly having to jury-rig it together from various pieces that don't seem to belong together. Kudos -- I'd love to see a visual pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am saving the instruction so that I can do it when I master the split ring method.
    At the moment, I have yet to do the 2-shuttle technique.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it