Another Eye Candy .....

.... which I forgot to include with the previous post.


This heart was tatted with the Apple Blossom HDT that Pamela Myers sent me together with her Rainbow Bright. Below are the two previous designs that I had shown in my earlier posts -

This one on the left was the first one, which I made in 2006. It was one of the motifs for the 25 motif challenge. I don't have many beautiful colored thread at that time.

The one on the right was the first variation made with Altin Basak 50 that I received from a thread exchange. I remove the extra rings at the top centre and made just one thrown ring at each of the two tips. This one needed blocking to form the shape.

For the Apple Blossom variation, I decided to put back the two clovers. It turned out that I did not have to block the heart with the clovers at the tips. I think this is the most beautiful variation so far, thanks to the thread that I used for it. Hmmmm ..... maybe I should make another one with the Rainbow Bright and see how it turns out.

Before anyone ask, this pattern is special and I want to hold on to it for as long as I can. So, the rest of you can just drool over it for the moment, LOL

Comments

  1. This is a special pattern, indeed. I don't blame you for holding onto it. However, when you do decide to put it in a book, I'll be first in line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! These are all so beautiful - but I like the one in HDT best. I also like the clovers at the tips. Jon, you do such lovely designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a beautiful pattern Jon. I love the way the colours worked out in the Apple Blossom. I thought it must have been planned but you said "No just chance". Ain't chance wonderfull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, this is beautiful. I like the HDT best, but they are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be the first to know Tattycat, :-)

    Thank you Yarnplayer.

    You are right Tatskool, I did not plan for the colourways to come out that way. But it might have been a bit different if not for the fact that I had to switch shuttles a few times towards the end because the thread in one shuttle was running out much faster than the other.

    Not sure if I can reproduce another one with the same colour change. As you said, chance can be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love all the color combinations that you've done it in! I can't wait to tat this one up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still trying to leave a comment!
    Looks as though msn is the culprit, I am using a diferent internet provider this time.
    Fingers crossed......

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. I love it in the white but it's a real knockout in the variegated thread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Jon! I, too, love Pamela's HDT; and, that color is amazing. The color was, indeed, a happy accident in the pattern...good show!
    X Bev

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it