Shuttles

I can't believe that it is almost a month ago that I last wrote anything here. It had been a busy month and me getting sick in the middle of it did not help either.  Still, after a month, there is nothing much to show because I had not done any tatting during that period.  So, just to let you know that I am still around I am sharing with you my shuttles collection.

I don't have many and none of them are collectors item, so to speak.

Here they are altogether.

 My workhorse are the Clovers and Susan Bates.  I can tat fast with these shuttles.  They are just the right size to hold.  I have many more clovers in all the different colours but only four of them are shown here.


These three are Inox shuttles.  I like tatting with the two brown ones but I don't use them often because they don't have picks on them.  I find the pick come in handy if I need to unpick the stitches. They are slightly bigger than the Clovers and also heavier but the surface is so smooth that the thread just slides across.  BTW, I use the sliding motion when tatting.  These are the ones that I had to do surgery on. See Fox's blog to know what I mean. The blue one in the middle is the worst shuttle that I have tried tatting with.  It doesn't hold much thread and practically splits if there are too much thread wound in it.  And it doesn't seem to want to stay put in my hand - always slipping off.

These flat shuttles come in handy for projects requiring only a small amount of thread to be on the shuttle.



These are for keepsakes.  The black on the left is a Milward that I got form my MIL.  She was moving house and it surface during the packing. I wrote about in my blog here. Next to it is an Aero shuttle and the red one with a pick is a plastic Clover, if I go by the label that is on it.  Both were given to me as gifts.  The one on the right is a Georgia Seitz shuttle and the metal shuttle is a DMC shuttle. 

Comments

  1. I totally agree with you about the blue shuttle, it is the worst ever and it is one of the 2 shuttles available here!! The other is the pony with the hook, almost equally awful!
    Thanks for showing, hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you've been sick, Jon, take care of yourself!
    That red shuttle doesn't look like a clover - I haven't seen one that is two-coloured before! Your collection is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice shuttle collection! Thanks for sharing! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamualaikum Kak Jon,
    I'm new to tatting world and I'm a fan to your blog. Thanks for your easy and clear steps that makes my `work' more menjadi...
    Kak Jon, may i know where did you buy all the supply for your tatting work?. Btw i'm staying at Shah Alam.
    How can i order you book?

    Ina//

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wa'alaikum mussalam Ina.
    Saya tumpang seronok yang Ina dapat belajar tatting dengan mengikuti blog saya.

    Ada beberapa kedai sahaja di KL & PJ yang jual shuttle jenis Clover. Shuttle jenis Inox warna brown tu saya beli di satu kedai di Subang Jaya. Di Shah Alam tu, belum jumpa lagi la kedai yang jual barang2 untuk tatting. Kalau Ina nk tahu detail lagi boleh e-mail saya (link is in my profile).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it