T.A.T.T.I.N.G

T - is for Tatting that was said to be a lost art but we now know is totally untrue.

A - is the Addiction that comes with it.  Most have gone through the experience, when it is always one more ring, one more chain, one more repeat ........ and so it goes.

T - is for the must-have hand-dyed Thread that never cease to delight tatters all over.

T - is a big Thank You to the generous tatters for sharing patterns, tutorials, tips and for the friendship that comes with it all.

I - is for the Insatiable Desire to stash for shuttles/needles, thread, buttons, beads, ribbons and more even when you know that the storage boxes are already full to the brim.

N - is Never giving up on getting the first double-stitch right, being unaware, at that time, of the addiction that you are getting yourself into.

G - is the Glee and great delight upon completion of a project and doing a happy dance before quickly picking the shuttles/needle again for another project.  Didn't I say that tatting is addictive!

Well ... okay,  so that was not much of a ditty.
But this being my first post after my long break, I felt that I need to write something.  And I really wanted to end the year with this 200th post about tatting.
Just picked up my shuttles again, so there is nothing new to show.

Comments

  1. I'm glad to see that you are back - to blogging and tatting. Have a good new year with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to tatland. Very best wishes for 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Jon! I liked your little ditty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cute, Jon! It's good to see a post from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, hi! it is good to be back. I was missing all of you while I was away.

    Zarina, may you have a good new year, too.

    Diane, tatters have many things in common, just that we may not realise it.

    Thank you Pamela. Best wishes to you and hope that you enjoy a good sale of your HDT.

    Thank you Marty, TattingChic. I am still trying to catch up with all the blog postings. My google-reader recorded over 350 un-read posts, and am only half way done going through it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to see you back Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sunela, Krystle. Thank you for the welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, Jon. Loved your ditty -- you have captured the essence of tatting beautifully well. It should appear in one of your future books.

    Wishing you good health, good friends, and good tatting in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back, Jon!
    Happy New Year!
    ♥ Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isdihara, my new book? That is too early to say, :). Thank you for the compliment on the ditty.

    Great to be back, Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're back, you're back!!!
    Glad you are back home, safe and sound. I missed you
    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WELCOME BACK JON I missed ya and I love that ditty and its so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Jon!

    Add my name to the list of folks welcoming you back! Loved the ditty about TATTING, especially the "N", for Never giving up on the first double stitch and being unaware of the addiction to come. I tried for two weeks to get the knot right - and the 'addiction' hasn't let up for 20 years!

    However, you've certainly been one of the contributors to the increase in popularity of tatting, with your beautiful and unique designs, clever ideas (cabone rings), wonderful tutorials and excellent blog. Speaking of which, do you now have two blogs with tatting in them?

    I think your snowflakes, with and without beads are all wonderful, each attractive in their own way!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back! Your ditty is SO true! I agree with everyone else. Have a safe and happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back Jon. You have been missed alot. My tatting group (all of us) check on you and have been waiting for you to blog again. We all enjoy your blog and hope 2010 will be a good year for you. I enjoyed your tatting ditty...Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it