Taking a break again ....

.... because Mary came to visit ..... for a month ... he he he .....
Oh ... I am just taking a break from my other tatting stuff, like these
for my niece's wedding
 and this,

and instead I will be tatting with Mary.
"Mary who?"  you asked.  This Mary ...

If you have been following Martha's blog, you may have read about Mary's Traveling Book.
I already have the other three of Mary Konior's tatting books,
  • A Pattern Book of Tatting
  • Tatting Patterns, and
  • Tatting with Visual Pattern.
This Tatting in Lace book is the elusive one.  It doesn't help at all that the price is going up and up each time I looked it up online.  I have already given up on ever getting it to complete my collection.
And then, Martha came up with the brilliant idea of sending her copy to travel round the world.  Its first stop is Malaysia, and I get to keep it for one month!

I started on a motif from the book as soon as I got it.
Pattern in the Cat's Cradle
I think one of the reasons why I like Mary Konior's designs, especially her motifs, is that when they are joined together, the resulting piece is totally a trick on the eye, mesmerising even ... if I can use the word. Another  example that I like is her Windmills design from the book, Tatting with Visual Patterns.   Jeff Hamilton piece is totally awesome.

Thank you Martha!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! Such gorgeous projects!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Beautiful, congratulations.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book, and its a lovely book, I was lucky to buy this book when it came up, I am so surprised that these books are worth more now than when they were published.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, #1 on the list! I guess it'll be fun to follow the blogs of each person as they receive the book and see, like YOU did today, what each person chooses to tat!! How FUN!! I'm #16, so that'll be around August next year maybe LOL! Maybe I'll have a blog by then and can share, too :-) ~Tatikan/Sher

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it