A Pleasant Surprise

I was in Spotlight on Sunday and was pleasantly surprised when someone I have not seen for over 40 years dropped by at the craft room. She drove from over 80km away just to have a look at what Spotlight is all about because almost everybody was talking about it.


This is Nurima (or Kak Nuri) who attended the same school as I did over 40 years ago.  She walked into the Craft Room where I was at, and called me by my online name, Jon Yusoff.  She had been a follower of my blog ( and I am not even aware of it). She sat at the table and we started chatting about tatting, at first, and went on to other things.  That was when I found out that we attended the same school, where she was a senior there.

She was looking for shuttles in Spotlight - but did not find any, not surprising - and I told her that I have some with me.  The conversation proceeded to learning how to tat. It was a short lesson, just over an hour, but I am happy to say that Kak Nuri got the flip at the first attempt.  She is one smart lady, otherwise, why would she be appointed a prefect in school.

A few days later she sent me a picture of her first finished project, a butterfly, shown in the inset. Looking forward to seeing more tatting from her.

Comments

  1. Our Spotlight only sells red Birch shuttles now - such a shame, they discounted all the remaining Clovers last year and never replaced them. Your unexpected student learned well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for the two of you to meet and for sharing tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be a good teacher that is all I can see, never have that success when teaching people to tat. How lovely to meet again, lots of catching up to do aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the tropics, butterflies tend to be huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely, and to be a follower and not know it, I hope you can both keep in contact now.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it