This is where I finally decided to end with the doily from the book "New Tatting". There are a few more rounds to it, but I will not have enough thread to tat them all. Thread used is Altin Basak, not a favourite thread for me to use for tatting. I still need to block it properly. This image is taken after I had it pressed under several thick books.
Pressed together with it is the motif below, also from the book New Tatting. It also a partial pattern because I only tatted the frst four rows and added two rows of my own to use up the remainder of thread in the shuttles.
As for the new project, I started on Renulek's Summer Doily - only at the 4th row now. Can't really say if it looks summery enough at this point.