Hearts All Done

Finally.

A number of tatters have asked for the pattern when I posted my progress on my FB page.
The pattern for the doily is from the Land of Laces blog.  It was published bt the blog author in several parts.  You may have to scroll down several pages to get the pattern since it was published a while back.

The thread that I used for my doily is DMC perle cotton no.12.  Not really a fan of perle for tatting but I had to try it at least once to find out how it feels.  Well, still not a fan.  The thread fuzzes up easily, understandable since it is loose twist 2-ply.  The picots splits, which made it harder to join, especially if the picots are small.  May not consider using it again for future projects.

Photo on the grid mat to show the actual size after blocking
On white, to show the colors of thread used.
Close-up of the hearts



Comments

  1. I'm not really in to heart motifs, but this doily is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very beautiful, I love the subtlety of your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The doily is stunningly beautiful! The 2 shades of color bring out the design really well. I also am not a fan of perle cotton for tatting, but here in your project it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks stunning and well done persevering with the thread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's getting harder to find quality thread in my area. Have purchase on line to get quality thread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous doily, I left you a comment on Facebook mine is coming along hope to blog it soon,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hearts doily is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it